PROFESSIONAL QUILTER & FIGURATIVE ARTIST
Original Art Prints and Cards
My name is June Silberman. The image of me (right) is really a self portrait quilt that I made for a quilt show that reflects my abilities as a fiber artist. I paint fabric, make art-to-wear garments and am a doll maker. I live in Ithaca, New York but was born and lived the first 25 years of my life in Brooklyn, NY.
To read more about me and my art, click on the blue bars below.
In the slideshow above are some examples of my work. Please view my portfolio pages for more of my original pieces and the approximate sizes. To purchase or inquire about prices of the artwork showcased
on this website, please contact me by completing the contact form or call 607 257 0939.
Cash, checks and credit cards accepted.
Thank you for your interest. — June
Most of my life, I have been a “fiber artist in waiting”. It wasn’t until I retired did I begin to focus on my art. In trying to
save the beauty of my garden, I converted my garage for a weekend,into a dying and printing studio. Using acrylic paints, I did the marbled background. The second day, the gel prints were done using many varieties of ferns and leaves from my abundant garden. Working quickly was necessary to achieve crispiness when gel printing. The leaves blocked the printing ink leaving the marbled design showing. The finishing touch was the echo stitching. My garden is now frozen in time showing how beautiful it truly is.
The name of my studio is JuneFibersandMore. As a fiber artist and a doll maker, I work primarily with fabrics, polymer clay and soft sculpture materials. I like to explore different mediums while applying new and old (quilting, sewing) techniques to original artwork. I enjoy creating wonderful things and hope you like them, too.
Getting to know customers who purchase my artwork is very satisfying. When one of my quilts or a doll is given as a gift to someone who will appreciate handcrafted and original artwork. It encourages me to create more and more.
Meeting other artists is very inspiring to the creative process and belonging to local art groups in my area helps me to focus of my strengths as an artist. I am a member of several groups in town -- Tompkins County Quilter's Guild, Exploring Advanced Techniques By Machine group, the Wednesday Morning Quilt Group, The Figurative Artists group, and the Works In Progress group.
Some of my work has appeared in magazines such as Soft Dolls and Animals, Quilting Arts Magazine, Cayuga Heights
Magazine as well as the Houston Quilt Show. For a complete list of my accomplishments and upcoming shows, click on
the blue bars below.
Shows and Exhibitions
• Show > Zaza’s Cucina (On Display) December 2017 through January 2018
• Show > Press Cafe, Ithaca, NY (On display) in 2016-2017
• Show > DOC Gallery, Fair Haven, NY from April through October 2017
• Sold on consignment at Handwork Gallery, Ithaca, NY in 2016
• Show > Dreamtime Show at Tompkins County Public Library, Ithaca, NY in 2015
• Show > American Quilt Society at the Oncenter, Syracuse in 2015
• Show > Quilt accepted into Houston International Quilt Show - Houston, TX- 2014 - Quilt on tour until December 2016
• Show > Quilt accepted into Everson Art Museum, Syracuse, NY “Bricks and Blocks” exhibit awarded Best Traditional Design June 5-August 1, 2015
• Show > Gypsy Doll in the Houston International Quilt Show Challenge- Houston TX- 2006
• Shows > Curated two Wearable Art Shows at the Tompkins County Public Library, Ithaca, NY
• Show > Clothing exhibited in Schweinfurth Memorial Art Gallery, Auburn, NY - 1999
• Show > Quilt accepted into Schweinfurth Memorial Art Gallery, Auburn, NY -1997 and -2000
• Publication -- Doll published in Soft Dolls and Animals under “ You did What With That Pattern?”
• Publication -- Post Card “Staycation” published in Cloth Paper Scissors
• Publication -- Doll published in Quilting Arts Magazine Challenge
• Publication -- Hand carved stamp published in Cloth Paper Scissors Challenge- 2014
• Publication -- Quilt published in “500 Traditional Quilts” Lark Books-2014
• Publication -- Full story with my husband, Bob (woodworker) in Cayuga Heights Magazine, 2014
• Vendor at the East Shore Festival of the Arts Juried Show - Lansing, NY- 2013 -2016
• Vendor at the Ithaca Art Market, Ithaca, NY- July 2015 - 2016
• Retail - handcrafted quilted bird cards sold at:
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, NY - Sapsucker Woods gift shop- 2014, 2015
- Man in the Moon Bake Shoppe and Cafe, King Ferry, NY- 2012-14 (closed)
- Only A Paper Moon Art and Antiques, King Ferry, NY- 2014 (closed)
- Sunny Days of Ithaca, Ithaca, NY- 2014
All Rights Reserved. ©2017 June Silberman. Warning: Unauthorized reproduction (copying or downloading) of photographs and content is strictly prohibited from this website by Federal Law. Website design by Zygdesignz Studios.
Ithaca, New York
Gilded Cage Notecard $10
Gilded Cage Goldfinches
To order, call June or fill out contact form!
To purchase or inquire about June Silberman’s artwork, please contact June by email (contact form) or call 607 257 0939. Cash, checks and credit cards accepted.
GET IN TOUCH